Boudoir / Exotic Sessions
The term “boudoir” may also be ascribed to a genre of photography. Boudoir photography is not generally a new concept. Typically shot in a photographer's studio, luxury hotel suites or in the clients home, it has become fashionable to create a set of sensual or sexually suggestive images of women (and occasionally men and couples) in “boudoir style”. The most common manifestation of contemporary boudoir photography is to take variations of candid and posed photographs of the subject partly clothed or in lingerie. Nudity is more often implied than explicit. Commercially the genre is often (though not exclusively) derived from a market for brides to surprise their future husbands by gifting the images on or before their wedding day. Other motivations or inspiration for boudoir photography shoots include anniversaries, birthdays, Valentine's Day, weight loss regimes, other forms of body change or alteration (such as breast augmentation or reduction) and for servicemen and women overseas.
I know that most of you who are looking to engage in this type of photo session have visited sites where there are ample photos to look at. But, I ask you, “Would you like to see the results of your intimate photo session plastered all over the net, including on Facebook?” Remember, it is not uncommon for people copy photos off the internet and post them in any number of venues. But then you might ask, “Why do I see samples of photos on other sites?” Simple. Many so-called professional photographers don't give it a second thought and in most cases haven't had their client fill out a release form that gives the photographer permission to show such photos to the public the first place. I think it should be the customer’s decision, not the photographer’s.
In all cases, I meet with you in advance to discuss your session and then set a shooting date, and at that point, I do have many photos you may view of clients that have given me written permission to show such photos.
- Stay away from the sun in the days before your session. While a sun-kissed look is often pleasing, it won’t be in your photos. A note on spray tanning. If you have never spray tanned before, or have experience uneven results when you have, please do not try this before your session.
- Make sure you do not have swimsuit tan lines if you are out in the sun.
- Consider how your fingernails and toenails look. It’s not necessary to get a manicure or a pedicure, but make sure everything is neat and clean.
- Cut tags from see through lingerie.
- Shave/wax, you’ll want to do this at least 5-6 hours before your photo session.
- Wear loose clothing the day of your session. Tight — or even form-fitting — clothing will leave marks on your body, and we want your skin to be as smooth and flawless as possible.
- Drink plenty of water the day of your session and in the days before your session. This will ensure that your skin is hydrated, which will also make sure your makeup goes on more smoothly and your skin has a healthy glow.
- Make sure you clean and moisturize your skin. No makeup please if a makeup artist is part of the session shoot.
- Please be sure to eat before your session.
- If you use a white deodorant, eliminate it the day of your session! Your clothes and your skin will remain the colors they should be.
- Accessories: Jewelry, stylish shoes and boots, long stockings or short, something of his maybe...well, you get the idea.
- Sexy outfits, a black or white bra and panty set is classic and always has been for this type of photography. Sometimes simple things can make a big statment.
- Remember, we supply no accessories or outfits. If you forgot to bring something to your session, we'll have to work around it. Make a check list.
You must be at least 21 years of age.
I do offer a professional hair stylist and makeup artist for an additional charge.
I prefer a location of your choice. Example: Anywhere in your home using your decor makes for some of the best sessions. Other locations can be outside as an example. I do not hold this type of session in my studio. We will discuss your session day during your pre-session meeting.
Sessions last between 2 and 3 hours. This all depends on how comfortable you are in front of the camera. One thing to remember is that I just don't show up with a camera. I bring ample flash strobes, umbrellas, and light modifiers and so on. This all takes time to setup.
If you would feel more comfortable, you may invite one friend to the session for support. Two or more friends tends to become a party. Most sessions I work alone, if you can't invite a friend and would not feel comfortable with a male photographer, I can bring a female assistant for an additional charge.
Sessions packages start at $450.00, please call for additional info.
A $35.00 rescheduling fee will be required for dates re-scheduled with 7 days advance notice. Deposits/Retainers are non-refundable for cancellation, no exceptions.